The difference between Negative and Positive
Pay close attention to the particular thoughts you use to deprive yourself of happiness - Byron KatieThere are the two choices we have in our thought process. One can make life beautiful while the other stops us completely from being happy.
How are you using your train of thought? Does it drag you down where you don't see any light ahead? Are you finding that your life does not know joy? Think for a moment where your thoughts have been leading you. What have you been thinking about?
- Are you living in the past?
- Are you worried about something?
- Are you fearful?
- Are you angry?
One of the first things I will tell you is to jet right out of yesterday. It serves no purpose because we can't do it over and to stay in the past is so counterproductive to your happiness.There are so many things to live in the present for.......so many things we can experience that will help us to overcome whatever it was we keep thinking about which keeps us looking backwards when we really want to go forward........something we can do if we allow the present moment to be our focus.
If worry is consuming you then you are projecting something that may not even happen. You are not allowing answers or solutions because you are centered on a feeling of hopelessness that when your thoughts are set there will make your days so unhappy.
If you are fearful this too brings such feelings that blot out any chance of enjoying your life in ways that will help you to be happy. Help yourself by letting go of being afraid so you can go forward with a sense of peace.
If you are angry you put yourself in a state of unhappiness which prevents you from seeing life in a clear way. You are focused on feeling a negative way to look at life. You are worked up and not calm so that you truly feel unbalanced.
- Why do you suppose we choose these negative emotions which cloud our everyday living when we have an alternative?
- Why would we do this to our mind and body as these negative emotions take a toll on our health and well-being?
- What if you decided that for your greater good you would at least try to practice thinking in a more positive light?
- What if you decided to let go of all of the negative thoughts and feelings you have about your life?
- What if you decided to live each day as it comes without expecting anything negative and you welcome the positive?